Cross-cultural Health Intern / Health Center Assistant (Summer 2022)
Deep in the North Woods of Minnesota, Concordia Language Villages creates a place that is both culturally authentic and uniquely our own. In the Language Villages, everything from the music played to the food we eat reflect the culture each was designed to represent. We are a community of educators from all corners of the globe, passionate about providing culturally authentic experiences for youth and adults.
Each Village has a health center, where interns work alongside RNs, MDs or acupuncturists to provide care for Villagers and staff members. This experience is ideal for all health majors interested in gaining clinical experience in pediatric or adolescent care and a broader understanding of culturally competent practice.
CROSS-CULTURAL HEALTH INTERN/HEALTH CENTER ASSISTANT:
- Working alongside a primary care provider, the health center assistant responsibilities are:
- Follow standing healthcare procedural orders and policies
- Administer first-aid care
- Enter and maintain health records of the Village
- Transport patients to health care facilities; going to other Villages as needed
- Instruct counseling and program staff in basic first-aid procedures most likely to occur in their areas of activity.
- Complete orientation about the Concordia Language Villages health center
- Participate in assigned internship projects and scheduled meetings
- Must have completed at least one year of college; minimum 18 years old
- Must be comfortable working with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Able to function in an outdoor setting with limited resources
- Ability to use technology including electronic medical records system, email, and virtual conferencing software
Starting at $325 per one-week period, plus room and board, paid orientation, ongoing professional development, opportunity to apply for $25,000 Dietrich Award.
Positions available in 9 different languages (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Russian, and Spanish) for Summer 2022