Postdoctoral Associate - Neuroscience/Psychology
Salary range: $65,000 - $85,000 a year
The International Institute for the Brain (iBRAIN) is one of the largest brain-injury special education programs in the world based in New York City and is expanding to add an out-patient clinic as well as growing its research efforts for the brain injury and brain-based disorders community. iBRAIN’s mission is to research, develop and implement special education and related services for students with brain injury and brain-based disorders.
Job Description: The Post-doctoral Associate will work directly with the Chief Innovation Officer, the Innovation Lab and other staff within the iBRAIN organization. We expect the candidate to be actively involved in experimental design, psychological assessments, statistical analysis, scientific discussions, present at meetings, and also carry out additional administrative duties. Successful attributes include a background in neuroscience and/or psychology, a strong strategic focus, individual leadership in an environment that promotes innovation and continuous improvement, effective communication with key constituents and stakeholders, and accountability for results.
- Working closely with and under the supervision of the Chief Innovation Officer, the candidate will assist in the collection and analysis of data, prepare statistical analyses of data analyzed
- Coordinate, monitor and conduct data collection
- Conduct and/or assist with data analyses
- Schedule and coordinate studies
- Manage electronic and paper databases
- Provide assistance with ongoing research studies, including experimental design, subject recruitment, data collection and assessments, database entry and management, statistical analysis and administrative duties
- General technical aptitude for Neuroscience experiments
- Populations/research areas may include acquired/traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and stroke.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong motivation to learn new skills and knowledge. In addition, the finalist will possess sound judgment with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation from the immediate team to the broader institute.
- Read scientific literature relevant to assigned research projects.
- Doctorate degree in neuroscience, behavioral or biological sciences, or related field is required.
- Must be able to pass ALL of the FREE elearning Short Courses in Clinical Research from The Global Health Training Centre website (https://globalhealthtrainingcentre.tghn.org/elearning/short-courses/)
- Demonstrated experience in data management with a variety of data sources (survey, administrative, and medical data).
- Knowledge of statistical software (SPSS or other) and experience with descriptive statistical analysis.
- Effective administrative and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Interest and/or experience in research, medical rehabilitation, motor function, cognitive psychology, and/or neurologic/other disabilities.
- Must be detail-oriented, focused, highly motivated, and able to work as part of a team.
- Intrapersonal skills: Possesses a strong ability to interact with tact and diplomacy. Maintaining appropriate and timely responsiveness in all interactions whether under pressures, deadlines, or changes in priorities is a key asset. Candidate must have ability to work independently. Importantly, must have a passion for iBRAIN’s mission and a commitment to exceptional quality (visit www.iBRAINnyc.org for more info).
MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday (8:30 AM- 5PM)
Daily health and temperature screen and regular Covid-19 testing.
- Doctorate (Required)
- Experimental design: 3 years (Required)
- Psychological assessments: 3 years (Required)
- SENSE OF HUMOR: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
*If interested in applying, please email resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for expedited review.*