HR Employee Relations Intern - Summer Associate (Remote)
HR Employee Relations Intern – Summer Associate (Remote)
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us through their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a (Remote) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Summer Associate Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of the top retailers in U.S. This experiential internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths.
The Employee Relations Intern, reporting to the Sr Manager (ER Programs), is responsible for supporting large- and small-scale proactive ER initiatives and projects, as defined during the internship period. The Intern will assist with the creation, content development and execution of these programs, as well as project coordination support.
Based on the nature of the work, the Intern will be exposed to multiple internal teams within Human Resources and other cross-functional partners as listed below. They will gain insight into how we create and execute on challenges our employees face, encompassing multiple types of workplace environments and experiences across Retail, Services, Supply Chain, and Corporate. This experiential internship opportunity will give the Intern access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths related to all things people.
Responsibilities may include:
1) Support strategic project management tasks, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the creation of communication and strategic execution plans
- Conducting research and individual upskilling in particular subject matter (i.e., Labor Relations, workplace investigations industry standards and practices)
- Supports ER Sr Manager and ER Manager (Programs) in collaborating with cross-functional partners on strategy and refining finished product d. Sharing informed perspective to identify necessary solutions, brainstorming ideas and actively contributing during project development
2) Strategic project coordination tasks, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling/or and managing cross-functional meetings (In support of Sr Manager or ER Manager); could include notetaking during meetings and recording action items
- Coordination with cross-functional business and HR partners on ongoing work; seeking perspectives or answers to fundamental questions 1 on 1
3) ER Team Knowledge-Building & Continuous Improvement
- Following onboarding, stays active and informed in internal team news, developments, projects, and/or work that could have connection or impact to the ER Strategic (Programs) work
- Develops relationships with ER people leaders, caseworkers, and coordinators to identify opportunities for efficiencies, gain impromptu employee feedback, and discover possible future small-scale projects
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university graduating between Fall 2022 and Spring 2025
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Generate results in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Analytical skills including the ability to interpret data/information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work well with teams