Resident Camp Trek Counselor (Summer 2022)
Support the next generation of diverse leaders
Spend your summer in a dynamic environment with incredible staff and inspirational young people! Campers are high potential youth in 9th grade from the Boston area. If you're interested in pursuing a career in education, outdoor education, social work, or psychology, this is the opportunity for you!
The C5 Leaders Program is a five-year summer and school year program where youth develop and practice their leadership skills through various experiential activities and workshops designed to support participants in learning how to lead both themselves and others in their communities.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic counselors who will be positive role models that encourage our campers to set and achieve goals, gain new skills and make positive choices during a week-long trek with NOLS and Crossroads. Counselors prep campers ahead of their trek, support them during the hike and build authentic relationships. Counselors work as part of a team to deliver a curriculum that revolves around leadership, community involvement, and college and career preparation.
- Home Camp Location: Ashby, MA
- Staff live at camp in cabins with campers. Housing and meals are provided at no cost
- Staff are paid a stipend of $350 per week
- Positions start June 16th and complete on August 17th. We are hiring for one or more sessions:
- Session A: July 6th - 18th
- Session B: July 22nd - August 3rd
- Session C: August 5th - 17th
- Dates include the pre-trip prep and post-trek debrief
- Staff must be at least 19 years old and have graduated from High School
- Experience at camp or working with youth is required