Special Needs Summer Day Camp Counselor
COMPASSION, CREATIVITY, CONNECTION, COMMITMENT
Stepping Stones is counting down the days till our popular Summer Day Camp returns in June! This unique program was founded in 1963 and was the first of its kind in Greater Cincinnati for children and teens with disabilities.
To support our campers in having a fun and enriching program experience, we are recruiting Counselors for the 9-week Summer Day Camp program! Be part of a highly inclusive and encouraging atmosphere by applying to join our team.
Gain experience and develop a variety of professional skills on a daily basis, including:
- Assessment of Participant Progress and Program Effectiveness
- Conflict Resolution
- Documentation for the State of Ohio
- Planning and Facilitation of Program Activities
- Problem Solving
- Risk Analysis
Don't have experience working with individuals with disabilities? That's okay! Many staff have a background in social work, special education or therapeutic recreation. For others, this is their first experience working with individuals with disabilities.
We train everyone from all backgrounds on everything they need to know to perform their role well!
INTERESTED IN AN INTERNSHIP?
Contact Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities.
- Evenings and weekends off
- Holiday Weekend: July 1 - July 4, 2022 off for Holiday Break
- In-person and online training, including certification in First Aid & CPR
- Positive and highly encouraging work environment in a scenic 23-acre setting
- An impactful way to spend your summer while earning money
- Development of leadership, conflict resolution and other valuable professional skills
- Age 18+ with high school diploma or GED
- Ability to successfully complete all background check requirements
- Ability to successfully complete all online and in person training
- Availability to work May 30 - August 6, 2022 (With exception of holiday break)
For more information, please visit www.steppingstonesstaff.org