Special Needs Summer Day Camp Counselor
Stepping Stones is an award-winning community impact organization that has been serving individuals with disabilities in Greater Cincinnati since 1963!
Our signature Summer Day Camp was the first of its kind in the region -- inviting children and teens with disabilities for outdoor adventures in a highly inclusive atmosphere.
To support and lead campers in a variety of fun, adaptive activities -- we're hiring Day Camp Counselors to be part of our dynamic summer team.
As a Day Camp Counselor you will be responsible for creating memorable summer experiences, promoting inclusion and leading participants in a variety of adaptive activities -- including art, nature, sensory and summer favorites like fishing and swimming.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
We are proud of our long history of providing. valuable, paid field work experience for students who are pursuing future careers in health sciences, psychology, social work, special education and other related majors. We are an enthusiastic ‘Creative Crew’ who believes in celebrating all abilities and cultivating an inclusive community.
NO EXPERIENCE WITH DISABILITIES?
That’s okay, too!
Our comprehensive training program prepares everyone from all backgrounds with the education and tools they need to perform their role well.
GAIN EXPERIENCE IN:
- Planning and executing adaptive activities for children and teens with disabilities
- Enhancing different mode of communication skills -- i.e. ASL, visual aides and iPad devices
- Routine documentation for state and local officials -- reporting progress on campers' individual goals
- Leading and supervising small groups of campers and volunteers as part of a collaborative team
- Providing an inclusive space that supports campers’ needs
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- First Aid & CPR Certification at no cost to you
- Evenings and weekends off
- Long Fourth of July holiday weekend with July 1 - July 4, 2023 off
- Work in a beautiful, natural setting with 23 acres, abundant wildlife, swimming pool, lake, hiking trail and more
WHEN WILL YOU BE WORKING?
- Summer Day Camp operates weekdays from June 5 - August 4, 2023 (closed 7/3 and 7/4)
- Shift time is ~ 8:15 am - 4 pm
- Passionate and outgoing individual wanting to improve the lives of others
- Ability to thrive in a creative team environment
- Comfortable traveling across a large outdoor campus through the day
- Ability to successfully complete all required background checks
- Ability to complete all required trainings
- Available to work May 29 – August 5, 2023 (With exception of 7/3 and 7/4)