Inventory Planner, Williams Sonoma
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Inventory Management Team
You will be part of the Inventory Planning organization is responsible for the strategic planning of inventory positions to drive sales, manage inventory turn and meet or exceed financial targets for your area of responsibility. Inventory associates are innovators, optimizers and problem solvers who are constantly seeking opportunities to move the business forward. You will collaborate with other business functions to support a product strategy intended to meet our customer's needs.
Overview of the Inventory Planner role
The Inventory Planner is responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer experience through the strategic management of inventory for a specific product category. This role will partner with the Merchandising, Sourcing, E-commerce teams and counterparts in Retail Inventory and Distribution to maximize sales and in-stocks, optimize inventory turn, and drive profitable growth.
· Partner with Merchants to create pre-season, item-level sales plans that align with product rankings, merchandising strategies and tops-down financial goals.
· Design inventory strategies that balance the composition of new and core, carry-over merchandise, support in-stock and turn objectives, and fit within the bounds of departmental receipt budget.
· Determine item level order quantities and flow strategies and partner with Supply Chain Coordinator/Assistant Planner to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchase orders.
· Review catalog proofs to ensure accuracy of SKU information and appropriate representation of key-items. Recommend actions for items on or at risk of backorder.
· Own monthly forecasting of department level open-to-buy and recommend near term actions to achieve sales goals and budgeted inventory EOMs.
· Determine markdown and end-of-life disposition strategies for non-go forward products.
· Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
· Transport materials and equipment and lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
· Previous experience in retail merchandising or degree in merchandising preferred
· Minimum two years of experience in Inventory Management, preferably in e-commerce
· Proven ability to objectively interpret data and extract actionable insights that drive the business
· Proficiency in retail math and experience managing a traditional open-to-buy
· Excellent collaboration and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
· Proficiency in MS Excel
· Ability to perform work onsite in the (San Francisco, Rocklin, Portland, New York, San Jose) office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
· A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
· A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
· Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
· Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
· Tax-free commuter benefits
· A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
· In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
· Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
· Resources for self-development
· Advisor (Mentor) program
· Career development workshops and learning programs
· Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.