Director of Operations - Vehicles for Change - Halethorpe, MD
Vehicles for Change (VFC), a unique non-profit program, seeks a well-experienced Director of Operations to join their Senior Leadership Team in Halethorpe, Maryland.
VFC, now in its 22nd year, empowers families with financial challenges to achieve economic and personal independence through car ownership and technical training. The ideal candidate embraces the goal of advancing VFC nationally and supports our core values: integrity, pride, mission driven, family, innovation, positively outrageous service, and a commitment to the team and oneself.
The successful candidate brings a proven track record of management and operational success and understands the community served by VFC. The Director of Operations is charged with improving regional processes and practices, specifically:
- Intern program – training and placement of students
- Cars awarded
- Revenue from VFC auto repair and retail auto sales
- Develop and implement new plans/ideas that enhance operations
- Ensure local teams meet core values
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $100,000 – $125,000 annually based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefit package that includes performance incentives, medical, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability insurance; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% employer match; paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick time); technology (computer, cell phone); free oil changes at VFC shops; and relocation assistance if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of study relevant to the position required.
- Minimum 5-years management or operations experience required.
- Proven success in managing multiple locations and with multiple revenue streams.
- Ability to lead and advance VFC’s Maryland operations as a nationally recognized reentry training and transportation provider.
- Ability to manage and lead a team (currently 33 with 6 direct reports), hold people accountable, and collaborate constructively with others.
- A connection or deep understanding of non-profits or criminal justice system and those experiencing barriers to employment helpful.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry, citizen/prisoner re-entry to society, training and/or non-profit fund raising highly desired.
- Stay current on local/state/federal financing tools, programs, practices, services and resources.
- Proven ability to network and forge relationships with partners.
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in a company provided vehicle to Hyattsville, Waverly and future locations is required (approximately 4 times/month).
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Halethorpe, Maryland or the surrounding area.
SOUND LILKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at vfc.hirescore.com
Learn more about the organization at vehiclesforchange.org