Near IUPUI Campus: Federal Work-Study Eligible Students!
This position is limited to candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account -Student Center- Financials- Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
General Purpose of Position:
The service desk staff follows the direction of the Service Manager onsite to ensure customer service excellence in the fitness center. The Service Desk Staff must be well versed in all programs and services provided at their facility and is responsible for providing unparalleled customer care throughout their responsibilities. The Service Desk Staff reports to the Service Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides top notch, customer-focused attention during each member interaction by demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Monitors individuals entering the facility, allowing admittance only to eligible clients
• Assists with daily operations (i.e. proficient use of the POS system, taking care of member concerns, answering phone, maintaining parking log and distributing parking passes, stock beverages and food items, etc)
• Provides members and prospects with current information concerning the facility and membership as well as current programs and services
• Working knowledge of membership services; membership types and rates
• Assists other staff with first-aid and CPR/AED in the event of an emergency
• Demonstrates work ethic, ingenuity, customer care, and attention to detail
• Maintains familiarity with and abides by the policies stated in the NIFS Employee Handbook
• Aids in maintaining all parking logs and reports
• Aids in the technology needs of NIFS
• Performs other duties as assigned
o Customer service work experience strongly preferred
• Computer Skills
o Knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Power Point and Publisher
o Once trained, the employee should be capable of accurately considering NIFS Payroll requirements with thoughtful deliberation to maintain company payroll laws
o Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification required
• Language Skills
o Ability to read, understand, and write simple instructions and short correspondence
o Ability to speak effectively in English
• Other Requirements
o May, at any time, be required to submit to and successfully pass a thorough background check and/or drug screen
o Must have regular and reliable transportation to and from work
IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success Gained:
Communicator The ability to evaluate information, be an active listener, build relationships, and convey ideas effectively.