IT internship - unpaid/onsite
Internship Summary: The IT intern will be responsible for a variety of projects and support work, which may include troubleshooting complex technical issues, administration of various infrastructure-level systems, and automation and efficiency improvements. Specific projects will be matched to a candidate’s interests and experience; sample projects include working alongside our engineering team to migrate the Agency server Infrastructure platform to the cloud via Microsoft Azure.
Selected candidates can expect:
- Gaining real-life experience working in an IT business environment
- Being given meaningful work assignments and challenging projects where others are relying on you to deliver results
- Learning new relevant technologies
- Working in a supportive, friendly work culture
- Opportunities to share your opinion, ideas, and your learnings with IT business leaders and team members
- Networking with full-time employees through various planned events and activities that will provide exposure to other facets of the Company outside of IT
- Mentorship with seasoned IT, and business executives
- Partnerships with other departments within the Company to gain a greater understanding of various roles in the Agency
Duties during Internship:
- Provide phone and email technical support for end-users to resolve any hardware or software issues
- Set up desktop and laptops for users
- Support and troubleshoot workstations, servers, and network-related issues
- Perform systems administration for Office 365, Windows Servers, and workstations across multiple sites
- Escalate client issues through the proper channels
- Manage Tickets according to defined case impact and priority
- Maintain client security standards and confidentiality of information
- Document support issues and all resolution steps in a ticketing system
- Update cases and communicate with clients as required until the issue is closed
Who we are looking for:
- Ideal candidates will have a dedicated interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively. They will successfully combine superb research and analytical skills to resolve unfamiliar problems and advance challenging work.
- Applicants should have a basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications, and a demonstrated interest in improving process and technology. Familiarity with general systems administration, a Linux environment, and experience with Python, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are critical, as the role involves working with colleagues across a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, and projects.
- In keeping with our Agency’s culture and the ever-changing nature of our work, we are more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation as demonstrated by an impressive history of achievement than we are in any skill or experience.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university in Computer Information Systems or a related concentration
- Experience providing excellent customer service and professionalism
- Excellent written / verbal communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong judgment, issues management, and problem-solving techniques
- Strong presentation, time management, and prioritization skills
- Must be able to manage individual workload
- Must be a strong team player
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership with client relationships