The Development Intern position is an entry-level position that will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Executive Director and staff. Their primary responsibility will be to assist the Executive Director and staff in the implementation of fund development activities for Women4Change Indiana guided by a three-year strategic plan. Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization. Therefore, it is imperative that the person in this role be dedicated to providing the support needed to the Executive Director by helping to secure the resources necessary for vital organizational programming.
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgments, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Assisting staff with grant application research, writing, and tracking
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with the creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Working with staff to implement development strategies