Job ID: 6450
SDL is seeking a program manager for its Quantum Sensing and Timing (QST) group in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The QST group focuses its efforts on using the interactions of lasers and atoms to make precise measurements and build precision sensors for many varied applications, but in general for purposes of PNT (position, navigation, and timing). The QST group works on some of the most intrinsically interesting technology in the world. The level of technical expertise is extreme, as the group is composed primarily of AMO (atomic, molecular, and optical) physics PhDs who spend their time in the lab pushing the frontiers of science and technology.
Program managers are the chief firefighters and downfield blockers for group operations and group administration. They are the chief interface for upward reporting within SDL, customer interactions with AFRL, and are responsible for program reporting on monthly, quarterly, and yearly intervals. Program managers need to be cognizant of the needs of their program, customers, and manage the finances and manpower and respond to future work requests. In addition, they will handle some accompanying, nominal HR and security duties.
SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style-every Friday off, every other Friday off, possible work from home days, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Favorable company locations with average commute times of less than 15 minutes
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
- Coordination across stakeholder teams to define and align programmatic, technical, and policy efforts.
- Assistance with the technical and programmatic leadership of a diverse, distributed and highly technical teams.
- Development of program management processes and documentation.
- Management of cost and schedule across program(s).
- Leadership and support of technical capability demonstrations.
- Leadership of in-person and virtual collaboration sessions.
- BA/BS in a related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Ability to travel on a quarterly basis
- 5 years experience in a technical program environment
- 5+ years of diverse Space experience (technology, operations, intelligence, other)
- Experience managing technical teams
- Military acquisition experience
- Working knowledge of military services tactical, maritime or air operations center, planning and tasking cycles for operations
- Familiarity with DoD data and communications schemas and formats
- Key military applications experience; e.g., key defense intelligence applications, and networks on which they are deployed
- Certifications or familiarity with cryptographic and cross-domain systems
- Background with either military platforms data links or robotics and autonomous systems
- Basic understanding of computer software and hardware design processes
- Basic understanding of military standards for communications and information technology networks
- Ops Center or Intelligence experience
- Program management certification (PMP, or similar)
- Active DoD TS or higher clearance
At the Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL), we support a variety of missions, including NASA's vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense's aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you've heard of, and others that you haven't. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
For questions or assistance with the application process or SkillBridge program, please contact email@example.com
EOE including Disability and Vet