Inclusion & Diversity Inclusive Cultures Intern – Summer Associate (Remote)
I&D Inclusive Cultures Intern – Summer Associate (Remote)
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us through their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a (Remote) role**
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
As a Summer Associate Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of the top retailers in U.S. This experiential internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths.
As a Summer Associate on the Inclusion & Diversity Inclusive Cultures team supporting Inclusion Groups, here’s a snapshot of what your internship could entail:
Inclusion & Diversity is at the heart and soul of Best Buy. We aim to be one of the best places to work by fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences, celebrates our commonalities, and provides employees an environment where we can bring our authentic selves to work. One of the most valuable ways to nurture this inclusive culture is through our communities of belonging, also known as Inclusion Groups (Employee Resource Groups (ERG), Focused Inclusion Networks (FIN), Inclusion & Diversity Steering Committees (IDSC), and Professional Development Groups (PDG).
Our Inclusion Groups are uniquely positioned to enable a deep sense of belonging, creating platforms for allyship, bridging cultural differences, supporting our employees through development and engagement opportunities, and representing Best Buy in our local communities.
Our Inclusive Cultures team is seeking an intern who has a passion for inclusion, diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace to work with our ERG/PDG & FIN program manager. The most successful candidate will first and foremost have a desire to listen, to learn, and inspire others. They will understand the importance of vulnerability, empathy, courage, and grace as well as be well organized, have a courteous and respectful style that is consistent with our values, and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift in reaction to emergent social or cultural needs.
As the Inclusion Group intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with leaders at all levels across the enterprise
- Coordinate, plan, and run meetings and events (virtual, hybrid and/or in-person) using Microsoft products (e.g., Outlook, Teams)
- Prepare and deliver presentations for team meetings
- Perform data analytics and provide insights on inclusion group engagement using tools like Power BI and MS Excel
- Support Inclusion Group leaders with programming needs, signature events & activities, and other support requests as needed
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college/university graduating between Fall 2022 and Spring 2025
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Generate results in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Analytical skills including the ability to interpret data/information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work well with teams