Sales Summer Intern (Diabetes) - South-East Region
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Diabetes Sales team located in one of our nine National Regions. As an Intern, you will work with a team of experienced sales professionals who will guide you through real world, hands-on experience in selling Pharmaceuticals.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in training and selling skills development
- Engage with customers, participate in special messaging in certain markets (including Virtual Engagements)
- Weekly conference calls with Regional Field Sales to capture learnings during the week and gain valuable insights
- Participate in in-services and assist in executing sample accountability
- Work with Pharmacy messaging, formulary pathways and pull through as directed
- Must be a student in good academic standing
- Must have successfully completed a 2021 BI Diabetes Summer Internship
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Digital proficiency
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to execute and follow through on priorities
- Performs with integrity and able to adhere to Company ethics, values, and guidance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job - Internship
Primary Location - Americas-US-FL-Tampa
Organization - US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Schedule - Full-time