PQA Systems and Data Summer Internship
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Plant Quality Assurance department located at our Fremont facility. As an Intern, you will support Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont’s quality process improvement initiatives by managing projects in collaboration with Manufacturing and Quality personnel.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement PQA Process solutions integrating MS Office Productivity tools (i.e., SharePoint, MS Teams, Microsoft Power Automate software)
- Maintain and improve existing metrics used by the team to track success
- Maintain and improve the record archival process (paper and electronic systems) in accordance with retention and compliance protocols
- Communicate clearly and effectively and escalate concerns as needed
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Background in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology), Engineering, Data Science or Biostatistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook/SharePoint/OneDrive/Teams.
- Strong attention to detail as well as written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team and collaborate with a diverse set of individuals
- Experience managing small scale projects, a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job - Internship
Primary Location - Americas-US-CA-Fremont
Other Locations - Americas-United States
Organization - US-BI Fremont
Schedule - Full-time