Programming Coordinator Intern (Remote, Unpaid)
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
This is 6 - 10 hours per week REMOTE Internship for Fall 2020.
We give children in hospitals, children's homes and hospice organizations the opportunity to write/illustrate stories about anything they want. We distribute those stories to songwriters who turn them into songs and send them back to the kids. We were on The Today Show recently which shows how it all works.
We are seeking an experienced, communicative, and compassionate collegiate student or alumni to join our team and support the children & families we work with via Virtual Story-Writing Sessions. In this role, you will also work remotely online with children & families to help them create original stories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct appointments with children/families via email & video calls
- Data aggregation of nonprofit and grant information
- Guide children of various ages through an online video conference story-writing activity
- Obtain, maintain, & upload signed documents and other records during process
- Maintain the confidentiality of each and every family’s situations behind the scenes
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Collegiate student or alumni in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working with children & families
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to recognize concerns & proactively address them
- Organized & dependable
- A positive and compassionate attitude
The perfect candidate will have a passion for creative writing, children, music, philanthropy and a strong work ethic. Also, strong communication and writing skills are a must. This position is remote and will be closely mentored by Sing Me a Story Staff. You can read internship testimonials here.