Information Services Supervisor
Responsible for overseeing the daily operation and scheduling of the reference desks at the Central Library. Work is performed in accordance with accepted practices and procedures in the field of library science related to information services with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent professional judgment under the general direction of the Manager of Public Services who reviews work through observation, reports and conferences.. Supervision is exercised over select staff. Assists Manager of Public Services in planning system-wide adult services goals and activities.
- Provides reference service at the Central Library in person, over the telephone or through email or other emerging technologies.
- Supervises reference staff; including administrative tasks such as scheduling, time management, etc.
- Assists Manager of Public Services in recruitment, training, professional development, counseling, evaluation, and discipline of staff.
- Assists Manager of Public Services in planning, developing, and implementing department policy, procedures, and strategies for improving deliver of reference services system-wide.
- Purchases reference materials (print and electronic) for Central Library. Participates in other collection development projects as assigned.
- Oversees collection development for government documents. Responsible for overseeing U.S. and Massachusetts Depository Collections, including selection, processing and disposition.
- Files Biennial Survey with USGPO (US Government Printing Office; Annual Selection Survey of materials that are selected for the Library; and the Annual Survey on what the Library will use during the year with the IRS.
- Supervises adult programming staff and participates in delivery, promotion, and evaluation of adult programs.
- Creates and conducts tours and bibliographic instruction for adults; works with and provides outreach to various adult-serving city agencies, schools, and organizations
- Assists in writing and implementing grants as assigned; compiles and submits various reports such as departmental monthly reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Oversees Website Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of information provision theory and practice.
- Specialized knowledge of various reading interests.
- Ability to demonstrate vision, strategic thinking, collaboration and inclusive leadership skills, flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency with emerging technologies, social networking tools and mobile applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of an American Library Association accredited Master of Library Science.
- Five years of experience in a library environment, including two years of supervisory experience.