Title: Marketing Assistantship
Dr. Eric Garland, Associate Dean for Research and Distinguished Professor in the University of Utah College of Social Work seeks a mature, talented, marketing-savvy student to assist in bringing awareness of his innovative mindfulness-based therapy to the public and healthcare community at large. This is an exciting assistantship (Jan – Aug 2022) for someone looking to use their social media prowess and launch a PR/Media/Ad campaign in the exciting world of healthcare.
What you’ll do/learn
· Work with Dr. Garland to understand the innovative (Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement (MORE) and develop a comprehensive awareness building campaign.
· Design and implement a comprehensive digital marketing strategy, including creation of a captivating social media campaign, blog posts, etc.
· Create videos and enhance web presence
· Gain an understanding of healthcare research
What we’re looking for:
A motivated self-starter (undergrad/grad) with demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing. Someone that is dependable, committed, and hard working with strong communication skills.
Required Skills and Qualifications (You’ll need to have):
· Demonstrated knowledge of web-development and digital marketing
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to learn quickly and produce high quality work
Preferred Qualifications (Even better if you have):
· Submit portfolio or samples of marketing work to promote products or services with resume
· Has interest or experience in healthcare/mental health/family medicine
Employment Duration, Work Hours, Other
· Compensation: $15- $20/hour doe (undergrad); $20 - $30/hr doe (graduate)
· Hours: flexible – about 10 -20hrs/wk
· Duration: January – end of Summer 2022
About Eric Garland, PhD, LCSW
Dr. Eric Garland, PhD, LCSW is Distinguished Endowed Chair in Research, Distinguished Professor, and Associate Dean for Research in the University of Utah College of Social Work, Director of the Center on Mindfulness and Integrative Health Intervention Development (C-MIIND), and Associate Director of Integrative Medicine in Supportive Oncology at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Dr. Garland is the developer of an innovative, mind-body therapy founded on insights derived from cognitive, affective, and neurobiological science, called Mindfulness-Oriented Recovery Enhancement (M.O.R.E.).