The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations, and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the go-to nonprofit authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has raised over $1 billion and launched more than 1,000 programs impacting a variety of health threats from chronic disease conditions including cardiovascular disease and cancer, to infectious diseases like rotavirus and HIV, to emergency responses, including COVID-19 and Ebola. The CDC Foundation managed hundreds of CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 140 countries last year. Learn more at www.cdcfoundation.org.
The CDC Foundation is working with CDC and state and local authorities to provide surge staffing that are crucial to the nation’s COVID-19 response. We are seeking candidates for a Budget Analyst role to work with individuals and teams in a Jurisdictional health department. Under general supervision, this position will provide program planning, development, review and evaluation of administrative activities in assigned program(s); and to do related work as required. As a Budget Analyst, the candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, coordinating budgetary functions and providing overall direction and guidance on these functions. In this position, you will perform a wide range of analytical, technical and advisory functions related to the budgetary process. This position will work closely with Budgeting & Finance Managers to determine whether program budget and financial planning activities support the mission, goals, objectives and priorities of the department. The candidate will analyze budgets and spending trends and program costs against benefits realized; evaluate program efficiency and cost effectiveness. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Developing and preparing budget documents, justifications and reports.
- Developing budgetary procedures, policies and instructions.
- Analyzing and making recommendations on financial or management issues.
- Processing and analyzing financial data using IT systems.
- Explaining and providing guidance to management and co-workers to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies and standards.
- Making budgetary recommendations to management based on analysis and assessments of data, program assumptions, and realism of estimates.
- Perform a wide variety of analytical duties connected with the review, analysis, and recommendation of the agency’s budget.
- Project and analyze the potential effects of budgetary actions on program viability and the attainment of program objectives.
- Assess and report on the amount and timing of allotments of funds to agency components and programs.
- Analyze financial and budgetary relationships to develop recommendations for financial and/or budget actions.
- Monitor budgets with different sources and types of funding such as: direct annual and multiyear discretionary appropriations, permanent indefinite mandatory authority, and transfers from other agencies.
- Identify and analyze trends in the receipt, allocation, obligation, and expenditure of funds to ensure the annual financial plan are met on a timely basis, and funds are available and used effectively to support program objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and or accounting with 3-5 years of finance, accounting and or budget experience. Experience in working with federal funding streams. Master’s degree in finance and or accounting is preferred.
- 3-5 years Project budgeting experience
- 3-5 years experience working cradle to grave grants - pre-award to post award
- 3-5 years budget experience - creating total budgets
- 3-5 years experience working with federal awards
- Sponsored project experience
- Gathering, analyzing, verifying and consolidating information and statistical data needed in execution and presentation.
- Researching, planning, forecasting, compiling, and summarizing data concerning personnel salaries and expenses and line-item information needed for execution.
- Reviewing historical financial data and trends to prepare and validate budget estimates for programs.
- Identifying and resolving a variety of financial and/or budget-related policy issues, questions and problems related to an organizations’ mission.
- Entering relevant data from a variety of sources into forms, reports, and financial system.
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Master’s Degree in finance or accounting
- Federal budgeting background
- Salary Range: $85,000$-90,000
- Position Type: Limited Term Opportunity
- Full Suite of Benefits Offered Remote/Hybrid/Onsite: Remote
- End Date: July 31, 2022
Notice to Applicants:
The CDC Foundation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 as a condition of employment effective November 22, 2021. All offers of employment after that date are contingent upon proof of full-vaccination status as a part of the pre-employment process.
*Fully vaccinated is defined as follows: At least two weeks have passed since receipt of the Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccine, or the second dose of the either the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech two-dose vaccines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.