Entry Level Software Development Engineer in Test
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate requirements into functional and technical test cases and implement them for thorough test coverage
- Create integration tests which ensure application functionality, including up- and down-stream interfaces
- Use testing frameworks to ensure quality software solutions. Provide feedback on how frameworks can be improved or extended
- Analyze test case failures to identify points of failure in complex product features and capabilities
- Identify and address relevant edge-case scenarios to ensure each is handled properly
- Collaborate with other technical teams by assisting in troubleshooting complex technical or end-user scenarios
- Adhere to coding and testing standards. Follow established best practices. Advise peers for their code reviews and advises on coding standards
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Master’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency with high performance and high usage SaaS application
- Understanding of distributed architecture and design patterns for high performance applications.
- Knowledgeable about modern technologies and excited to learn new ones
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Proficiency with the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Proficiency with testing micro-services and APIs in a distributed, message-based architecture.
- Proficiency with .NET or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of database architecture and operation (SQL, Mongo, etc.)
- Understanding of software design patterns and object-oriented principles
- Proficiency with high performance cloud development (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At River 5, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.