Intern - Internal Audit (Summer 2022)
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
At VMware, we're building new possibilities for our customers by accelerating digital business transformation. We're modernizing data centers for greater agility and productivity, integrating public clouds for faster time to market, empowering digital workspaces to improve mobile experiences, and transforming cyber security. You can be a part of this amazing transformation that impacts our customers and businesses around the world. How? By joining VMware as an intern!
As an IT Audit Intern at VMware, you will be a part of a high-energy team delivering assurance and consulting services that align with the fast paced, dynamic environment of VMware. We work closely with the business, IT and Information Security teams to ensure their activities are strategically aligned with corporate business objectives and support the achievement of the Company’s vision, mission and values.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
We are looking for a team member with an interest in Cloud Computing and SaaS services to support audit projects and initiatives. With a desire to learn about the complex audit needs of a large publicly traded enterprise, we will teach you to use your analytical and decision-making skills to find risk-based solutions and recommendations.
· Assist with execution of technology audit projects as per the annual audit plan and communicating observations and recommendations to our stakeholders
· Understand broader concepts of risk in technology audit and learn to apply it on the projects I’m supporting
· Participate in team discussions, brainstorming and planning for projects in Security, Infrastructure, and cyber security
· Learn how the technology internal audit team partners with different IT, InfoSec and R&D stakeholders to jointly address enterprise technology risks
You will work alongside team members with many years of experience in public consulting and/or corporate internal audit, each of whom has had unique and varied experiences in their respective career journeys.
Being a VMware intern is all about potential and learning - we want our interns to be well rounded individuals driven to learn new things.
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
VMware people share deeply held values that inspire us to build a diverse culture, make a positive impact on our customers, communities, and the world around us. We believe in creating a psychologically safe and inclusive workplace and building compassionate relationships with the people we work with. The audit team culture is one based on collaboration, creativity, accountability, and integrity.
During the first two weeks of employment, you will attend onboarding with other interns, learn about your new role, learn more about what you’ll be working on, the intern program, and VMware as a company. You will partner with your manager and mentor to better help guide you toward success.
You will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
· Team and audit fieldwork meetings
· Mentor/Manager 1:1s
· Team trainings
· Intern events
· And more!
What skills would make for a successful internship?
· Motivated self-learner with the passion to work in audit and risk management
· Strong organizational and communication skills, time management skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency
· Desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment and potential interaction with management level personnel
· Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements.
· Basic technical auditing skills including some knowledge of emerging technologies
Where is this role located?
This role is fully remote and can be performed anywhere in the US.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
As an Intern, you will be supported with a comprehensive benefits package. You can view the complete intern benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
This position is available to currently enrolled Bachelor-level students only, with a degree possession of December 2022 or later. The internship will be a 12-week, full-time commitment during Summer 2022.