Account Analyst - Revenue
Position Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
Account Analysts work in our Revenue Accounting Operations group in Atlanta, GA and are responsible for the management of our accounts receivable. Account Analysts serve as one of our customers’ main contacts and are an integral part of the Norfolk Southern business team. Analysts may manage accounts receivables for up to 200 customers, with combined receivables averaging $12M, and will communicate with customers regularly via telephone and email for receivables management and revenue protection efforts. Many of our department’s employees successfully advance to other departments within Norfolk Southern, including Expenditure Accounting, Marketing, Corporate Accounting and Internal Audit.
· Verify the accuracy of Norfolk Southern invoicing for revenue earned from rail operations.
· Build relationships through exceptional customer service.
· Identify process improvements for billing and payment remittance issues. Collaborate with other departments to test and implement enhancements.
· Utilize analytical tools to identify trends related to traffic, customers, invoices and payments.
· Interact with internal departments (such as Transportation and Marketing), as well as other railroads to research and resolve disputes.
· Provide comprehensive updates to Management team and related stakeholders regarding customers’ accounts.
· Actively participate in own professional development as guided by management team.
What makes a successful Account Analyst?
A self-starter committed to learn the ins and outs of railroad operations, as well as, the industry regulations.
· Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Ability to manage time, plan and prioritize work demands effectively.
· Positive and professional attitude on a daily basis.
- Starting salary for this position is $64,000 with bonus eligibility
- Potential to increase to $70,000 with future promotional opportunities to Senior Account Analyst
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
· Preferred Degree Paths: Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and majors in a similar field of study will be considered.
· 0 - 2 years of relevant work experience
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
Projected Career Path
Account Analyst - Senior Account Analyst - Supervisor - Assistant Manager - Manager Revenue Accounting Customer Services - Director Revenue Accounting
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern has consolidated our corporate HQ to a vibrant & modern campus in Midtown Atlanta, GA. To check out a sneak peek, we’ve linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress. More information can be found at NS-EEO
Don’t just work here, Thrive here.