Addiction Recovery Family Support Specialist, Cleveland,OH
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that delivers successful in home treatment to clients with substance use disorder? If you are a caring, compassionate and capable Addiction Recovery Family Support Specialist who can work in a field-based team and meets or exceeds the following, we want to hear from you!
Aware Recovery Care (ARC) offers a holistic approach to treatment and changes the way clients receive care throughout the country. ARC is a year-long, home based, addiction treatment program that works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to assist clients in their first year of recovery.
In this workplace, employees are given more freedom to map their paths to growth (with the financial and moral support they need).
The role of the Family Support Specialist is to ensure that the families, loved ones and allies living with or supporting an Aware Recovery Care client are educated, informed and supported throughout the recovery process. Family Educators deliver the four-part curriculum of the Family Education Program to individuals who wish to engage and are given permission to participate by the ARC client.
*****This is a remote position.*****
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate fidelity to the Aware Recovery Care model and Family Education Program through effective understanding and delivery of the four-part curriculum.
- Track family assignments, contact, and other necessary data in Excel.
- Complete all necessary Progress Notes in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) related to Family Education sessions and phone calls.
- Attend the weekly Family Wellness Meeting
- Working knowledge of family recovery resources: books and other materials, local and national support groups, etc.
- Provide updates as-necessary to the Family Education Liaison or the Family Wellness Director for higher-level questions/concerns
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Urine Drug Screen competed following manufacturer instructions
- Hand hygiene (Staff member washes hands properly, following ARC and CDC standards)
- Proper use of Service Delivery Kit (following infection control protocol, using barrier appropriately)
- Review Infection Control Policy
- Review Emergency Operations Policy
- Review and sign job description
- Complete Drugs of Abuse module (screening for intoxication and withdrawal symptoms)
- Complete Ethics module
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Services, or Drug and Alcohol Counseling
1 year minimum experience working with families in the substance use field
Motivational Interviewing/Stages of Change Model
Baseline computer skills
Ability to collaborate effectively with others
Ability to think critically and creatively
Demonstrates patience and adaptability in the face of environment and situation fluctuations
Appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, etc.
*****Aware Recovery Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer*****
*******No Phone calls please*******