RF Systems Engineer
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd. is an industry leader providing innovative communications and networking design solutions for medical, industrial and military/DoD markets. Since VOCAL’s inception in 1986, the mission has been to provide superior engineering. VOCAL encourages and rewards continuous learning and growth of the individual. Our team is constantly solving problems and expanding their knowledge to provide the best software and hardware solutions in signal processing.
VOCAL Technologies is seeking an RF engineer to implement solutions for various wireless technologies including cellular, RF, and WiFi. This engineer will be joining a team responsible for designing, developing, coding, and testing solutions through productization.
- Perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications.
- Perform testing and report on the capabilities of technologies in development.
- Support Senior Engineers in providing solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Work with software and hardware teams in the development of prototyping and tuning algorithms.
- Research on new technologies and how they can be incorporated into VOCAL’s custom products for improvement.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a field related to RF/Digital Signal Processing.
- Embedded programming experience.
- Solid understanding of RF hardware and system design including system-level grounding, shielding, isolation, and electromagnetic interference mitigation.
- Familiarity with RF test and measurement methods.
- Understanding of RF component characteristics and experienced using lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
For more information about careers at VOCAL, please visit: https://www.vocal.com/about-us/careers/
VOCAL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. VOCAL does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. VOCAL makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.