Embedded Systems Engineer / Signal Processing
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd. is an industry leader providing innovative communications and networking design solutions for medical, industrial and military/DoD markets. Since VOCAL’s inception in 1986, the mission has been to provide superior engineering. VOCAL encourages and rewards continuous learning and growth of the individual. Our team is constantly solving problems and expanding their knowledge to provide the best software and hardware solutions in signal processing.
VOCAL Technologies Ltd. is actively seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to join our growing team supporting Telecommunications and Embedded Systems development. This person will be a member of the team connecting algorithm development, software, and hardware development teams. This role requires strong communication skills along with efficient problem-solving capabilities.
- To apply principles, methods, and applications of communication theory such as (signal processing) decision theory, estimation theory, and modulation-demodulation.
- Collaborate with the algorithm, application, and hardware development team members to ensure requirements are being met.
- Generate test protocols and system requirements documentation.
- Engage with customers to provide signal processing solutions that meet and exceed their needs.
- Design, develop, and test real-time systems (signal processing algorithms) using C.
- BS, MS, or PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, or similar degree.
- Theoretical knowledge of the digital signal processing for data, speech, and audio applications.
- Experience with RTOS, embedded firmware, drivers, and interfaces.
- Experience in inter-processor communication, GPIO configurations, interrupt handling, I2C, SPI, I2C, DMAs, etc.
- Experience using IDEs, debuggers, reading schematics, and performing board-level debugging.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills, strong collaborative skills, strong written and verbal communication.
For more information about careers at VOCAL, please visit: https://www.vocal.com/about-us/careers/
VOCAL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. VOCAL does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. VOCAL makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.