Acoustic Beamforming Engineer
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd. is an industry leader providing innovative communications and networking design solutions for medical, industrial and military/DoD markets. Since VOCAL’s inception in 1986, the mission has been to provide superior engineering. VOCAL encourages and rewards continuous learning and growth of the individual. Our team is constantly solving problems and expanding their knowledge to provide the best software and hardware solutions in signal processing.
VOCAL Technologies is currently seeking individuals who are creative, self-motivated, and who demonstrate analytic ability, practicality, and quality work. We are looking for individuals to work in our DSP group. Responsibilities include design, implementation and testing of real-time algorithms for acoustic field array beamforming, adaptive noise reduction, sound source localization, acoustic echo cancellation and blind source separation.
- Research on new technologies and how they can be incorporated into VOCAL’s custom products for improvement.
- Testing performance of algorithms such as beamforming, AEC, ANR, dereverberation, VAD, and BSS by using both subjective and objective measures, and with speech recognition engines.
- Designing fast and efficient acoustic DSP algorithms for implementation on embedded processors.
- Coordinate software development activities with other DSP engineers such as prototyping and tuning algorithms to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- MS or PhD in a field related to Digital Signal Processing.
- Theoretical and working knowledge of adaptive signal processing and stochastic processes.
- Experience working with systems utilizing beamforming and/or phased arrays.
- Understand the design of microphone array configurations such as ULA and UCA.
- Understand the theory of DOA estimation using various algorithms such as MUSIC, ROOT-MUSIC, ESPRIT, GCC-PHAT, SRP-PHAT, etc. and their limitations for applications to acoustic signals.
For more information about careers at VOCAL, please visit: https://www.vocal.com/about-us/careers/
VOCAL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. VOCAL does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. VOCAL makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.