Addiction Recovery Withdrawal Support Specialist, Medical Assistant, Paramedic, EMT, LNA/CNA, MedTech
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that delivers successful in home treatment to clients with substance use disorder? If you are a caring, compassionate and capable Medical Assistant who meets or exceeds the following, we want to hear from you!
Aware Recovery Care (ARC) offers a holistic approach to treatment and changes the way clients receive care throughout the northeast. ARC is a year-long, home based, addiction treatment program that works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to assist clients in their first year of recovery.
In this workplace, employees are given more freedom to map their paths to growth ( with the financial and moral support that they need ) .
The Paraprofessional Care Coordinator (CC-P) is responsible for the coordination and care management of Aware Recovery Care clients. In addition to executing the duties and responsibilities of the Care Coordinator as part of a multidisciplinary Addiction Care Team, the CC-P also serves to make any other arrangements, whether through ARC or outside providers, that are deemed necessary or beneficial to the overall progression of the client’s health.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Admission, care management and discharge of a caseload of clients receiving recovery services in the home.
- In home withdrawal management services for clients withdrawing from substances.
- Driving to and meeting clients in their home environment. Transporting clients to ARC-related appointments as fit and necessary.
- Assessment and development of an appropriate treatment plan, where applicable, to meet individual ARC client needs with understanding and consideration of client care goals as voiced by the client, making the client a major part of his/her treatment and recovery.
- Regular evaluation of client progress, including crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Submit timely clinical documentation in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Coordination of services with the client, family and all providers involved in the treatment plan.
- Maintain up-to-date education on current addiction treatment trends, including knowledge of Internet and local resources for those with substance abuse.
- Providing advocacy as needed to ensure the client knows and understands his/her rights.
- Identification of client and family needs for services or other community resources and referral for the same when appropriate.
- Participation in orientation, teaching and supervision of other client care staff.
- Involvement in self-evaluation and professional development.
- Participation in Case Review, supervision, and continuing education.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
**********Aware Recovery Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer*********
**************No Phone Calls Please***********
- LADC, Social Work, Medical Assistant, Paramedic, EMT, LNA/CNA, MedTech, or provider of care to clients w/ SUD, MH, comorbid conditions
- One year of professional work experience in an associated field
- Must be open/flexible to working nights and weekends, if required
- Strong assessment skills and holistic health knowledge regarding addiction
- Exemplary motivational interviewing and deep listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills
- Ability to collaborate
- Demonstrates patience and adaptability in the face of environment and situation fluctuations
- Resolution-focused with the ability to think critically and creatively
- Working knowledge of supplementary and alternative Addiction Treatment modalities
- Appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, etc.