About the job
Take your career to the next level with Alfred Benesch & Company, a growing, multi-disciplined engineering firm, and join our innovative and collaborative team that values family, quality, and integrity.
We are looking to begin conversations with entry-level Electrical Designers regarding future full-time opportunities that become available in our Chicago, IL office. Ideal candidates will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering in Spring 2022. We offer opportunities to work on a variety of electrical power distribution, lighting, and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) projects.
At Benesch, you will work alongside the brightest minds in the industry on challenging and unique projects that shape our nation’s infrastructure and local communities. Whether you’re looking for your first summer internship or the next step in your career, there is no better place to develop your skills than Benesch. Take a look around and learn more about our culture, our employees, and our open positions.
The impact you will have:
- Collect and assimilate data
- Perform basic analysis, design calculations, and coordinate drafting of project elements
- Draw design details
- Compute quantities and demonstrate awareness of relationships to pay items
- Review mathematical calculations of others and organize calculations to be included in the design file, following project standards and as assigned
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Work independently under the guidance of a Project Engineer
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring:
- BS in electrical engineering or a related discipline required; Spring 2022 new grads preferred
- Illinois EIT certification preferred, with a desire to obtain P.E. in future
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate software a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable codes & standards a plus
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written - e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
Why Choose Benesch?
Our full benefits package covers so much more than just your medical, dental, and vision insurance; from work/life balance to financial security and more, there’s a lot to love about working at Benesch:
- Work/life balance means different things to different people. That’s why Benesch offers the flexibility to support your unique needs including paid overtime, flexible scheduling, remote work options, and relocation assistance.
- We work hard to sustain a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, supportive, and respectful of work/life balance. Join one of our Employee Engagement Focus Teams that play an active role in making Benesch an even better place to work.
- As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills by being a part of developmental initiatives and mentorship tailored specifically to your career and personal goals.