Jr. Bridge Engineer
We are trailblazers in accelerated bridge design and delivery, and we are the designer of choice for alternative delivery and disaster recovery projects that reconnect, restore, and rebuild communities when it matters the most.
We are hiring a Jr. Bridge Design Engineer with a desire to work on both conventional and design/build Bridge programs, to join our team in Maryland. You can be a part of a global company that has transformed over 4,400 bridges around the world! At Parsons, we have the technical expertise to deliver any type of bridge design, including Long Span bridges, Segmental bridges, Cable-Stayed bridges, Movable bridges and Suspension Bridges as well as conventional bridges. We are respected for our technical depth, client focus and project execution. Our Maryland team has a long-standing history with MDOT, and we have a great reputation with our private and government clients in the Maryland, DC and Virginia region.
We provide a workplace that encourages your development, growth, and creativity and offer stability and longevity with our broad backlog of work, as well as a bonus for your first PE license that you achieve while working at Parsons. In this role, you will plan and design Bridge structures to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You will be responsible for the development of engineering computations, material quantity take-offs, estimates, surveys and designs. Come join our winning team in Baltimore!
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include advanced structural analysis and detailed design calculations, engineering drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
BS degree in Structural Engineering is required
1 + years of related Bridge design work experience preferred
Engineer in-Training (EIT) Certificate may be required;
Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required. Microstation experience is required.