Junior Research Data Analyst
Proficio Capital Partners is a multi-family office located just outside Boston, Massachusetts founded in 2014. Utilizing our institutional backgrounds and experience in financial markets, the Firm builds bespoke portfolios to deliver a comprehensive, integrated, and dynamic plan for our families’ complete financial affairs. This includes investment management, wealth transfer strategies through estate planning and philanthropic initiatives, proactive tax and multi-generational planning, administrative services, risk management, and implementation of family governance. Proficio builds portfolios that match the risk/reward, income and capital appreciation required to maximize after-tax, after-fee, risk-adjusted returns for our clients.
Open Position: Junior Research Data Analyst
The Junior Research Data Analyst is a new position on the portfolio management and research team. The junior data analyst will work closely with the research and portfolio management teams in the seamless operation of day- to-day portfolio analysis and client and data integrity. This position offers the opportunity to develop a strong understanding of data and portfolio analysis as well as asset allocation across asset classes and investment strategies.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses a passion for the financial markets, extremely strong quantitative modeling and computer skills, solid attention to detail, robust information retention, self-motivation, and the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. Proficio is looking for a candidate that can use their computing knowledge to build upon the existing portfolio monitoring and research process. Proficio is a firm that continues to grow and the opportunity for advancement is attainable to the appropriate candidate.
*Summer 2022 start date preferred; we are also open to earlier start date*
· Maintain (support/reconcile) and improve the data infrastructure supporting the Firm’s investment process
· Build robust quantitative tools and models to enhance all aspects of portfolio construction and idea generation
· Identify and provide solutions to dataflow inconsistencies to increase firm efficiency
· Assist the Senior Research Analysts in collecting, maintaining, and analyzing research data
· Assist the CIO and Research Team in monitoring portfolio exposures relative to model and investor guidelines
· Stay on top of and up to date with global markets and geopolitics
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Data Science preferred from an accredited university with a strong GPA (above 3.3)
· Strong desire to work in financial services (previous internship/work experience at a financial institution is preferred)
· Robust knowledge of the capital markets and interest in investing
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of python or other programing language viewed favorably
· Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines