Ohio’s Hospice and all related organizations will require administration and completion of one of the 3 approved COVID-19 vaccines for all of our staff. Together we must protect our patients and their families, our teammates, and our communities from this deadly virus, and a variant that is significantly more contagious, by becoming vaccinated. The data is clear in its safety, effectiveness and durability. The confidence we will bring our communities in knowing that when a teammate from an Ohio’s Hospice family of organizations is providing care and services, they have done all they can do to protect them from COVID-19.
We understand that not everyone is able to take a vaccine either due to medical or religious reasons. These exemption requests will be considered by HR on a case-by-case basis.
Ohio’s Hospice LifeCare offers opportunity, advancement and a great foundation for growth to energetic people looking to serve our mission. Those who join our team are committed to providing superior care and service so our patients and their families can celebrate life. We provide our staff members with the resources and support to contribute and make a difference in the lives of patients and families every day. Come join a group of people that are wildly passionate about taking care of our patients and each other!
As a member of our team, you'll have a chance to impact many lives. You may find a deeper meaning in your work or rediscover why you chose your profession in the first place. The passion you may have been missing in previous workplaces can be found at Ohio's Hospice LifeCare.
What You Should Know About the EMT Role:
- This is a DRIVING position
- This is a full-time position. 40 hours/week. We are looking for someone who can work flexible hours (10A-8P, 8A-5P, etc)
- We provide superior care and superior services to patients at their end of life journey. Only those who have a heart for hospice will succeed
The EMT Essential Duties Are:
We provide superior care for patients in families in homes/facilities. Our Mobile Care Unit Specialists provide high quality, non-emergency care and transportation to hospice patients.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license, Emergency Medical Technician Advanced (EMT-A) preferred
- One year experience as EMT
- Certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care.
- Ability to drive during daytime, nighttime or inclement weather.
- Valid Driver's license with Safe Driving Record.
- State minimum automobile insurance coverage.
Benefits & Perks: your health and happiness matters! We offer:
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on Hospice certification achievement
- Scrubs provided
- Stipend toward purchase of career wear
- Mileage reimbursement
- Organizational preceptor to assist with orientation and ongoing education
- Educational programs geared toward career advancement
- Career growth
- And much, much, more!
Ohio’s Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio’s Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging issues to service providers. Ohio’s Hospice welcomes those in the LGBT community to join our team.