Summer Intern, Investment Analyst
Summer 2022- Paid Internship Opportunity in the Washington D.C. Area!
Housing Stipend Available.
Strategic Investment Group is located in Arlington, Virginia - a ten minute walk from Washington, DC. Strategic has a flat organizational structure which allows access to senior leadership. Interns have an opportunity to work on substantive assignments across a broad range of organizational functions.
Strategic offers housing and transit stipends for our summer interns. We believe an intern’s socioeconomic background should not prevent them from participating in internship opportunities in the Washington, D.C. area.
The Investment Analyst Intern is responsible for supporting a variety of internal functions related to managing institutional investment portfolios. This position works alongside the full-time Investment Analyst position in supporting the investment management process.
Responsibilities include (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
· Support investment process through projects related to investments in sub-manager, direct and derivative instrument investments in equities, fixed income, hedge funds, private equity, real estate and commodities.
· Create deliverables to facilitate the investment process and client investment reports.
· Perform performance attribution, investment analysis and other quantitative assessments of portfolio performance.
· Attend monthly and quarterly internal investment meetings as required.
· Complete additional projects related to broad array of institutional investment areas including statistical analysis of historical investment data, portfolio policy design related research, internal portfolio management systems development, and support of client reviews and business development efforts.
· Complete summer-long research project in an assigned investment management subject and present findings to the firm.
In addition, the Analyst Intern is expected to interface regularly with internal investment staff and client portfolio management team on both broad investment and client specific topics. The analyst intern may be assigned other projects and tasks in other areas of the firm activities such as business development, research on specific investment topics, or internal portfolio management systems and technology.
· Rising Seniors with expected Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Accounting
· Strong understanding of relevant financial, mathematical and accounting techniques
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal sills
· Strong organizational, quantitative and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and attention to detail
· Ability to independently manage projects and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
· Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
· High degree of professionalism with superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team atmosphere with other professionals
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment