FORENSICS & DISPUTES INTERN: CLIENT SERVICES - INVESTIGATIONS, DISPUTES & RISK
At AlixPartners we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work, and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
AlixPartners has a Hybrid Work framework to support our employees. Under this framework, generally Client Services people may combine client-site, AlixPartners office and remote working. How this works in practice varies by geography and function based on client and team requirements. As this framework is new post-COVID-19 pandemic, it may also change over time.
AlixPartners requires COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the team supporting our ‘Investigations, Disputes & Risk’ (IDR) practice, with a focus on Forensics & Disputes. Our IDR practice applies accounting, financial and data analysis expertise and experience to assist our clients and address their critical issues. You will work closely with AlixPartners’ experts to address complex issues in commercial litigation, business valuations and investigations.
Examples of work within our Forensics & Disputes practice include:
Litigation Support and Valuation:
- Financial damage analysis and lost profits determination
- Valuations of businesses, securities, intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Expert reports and testimony
- Assess work performed by independent auditors
- Financial investigations including those involving financial statement fraud, asset misappropriation, and corruption
- Assessments of complex financial transactions for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and international financial reporting standards (“IFRS”)
- Reporting and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and federal securities laws
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited university, a degree in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics preferred
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Internship experience in finance, accounting or a related field preferred
- Proven analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in a technical coding language or data visualization tool is a plus (Stata, R, SQL, Python, Tableau)
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and in particular as unique projects/needs arise
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)