Planner I or II
Arapahoe County's Public Works and Development Department is an American Public Works Association Accredited Agency, the first County in Colorado to obtain this status. Within the Department of Public Works and Development (PWD), we are seeking a Planner to join our team in the Planning Division. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and a desire to serve the Arapahoe County community as part of our dedicated team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, meaningful work, and a flexible and supportive work environment. Some of the benefits of working for PWD include:
- 15 days (120 hours) of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays (96 hours) and 2 additional floating holiday (16 hours) per year
- 12 days (96 hours) of paid sick leave per year
- Flexible and remote work schedules available
- Training and development opportunities to help you grow in your professional career
- Comprehensive health insurance and retirement plans – see benefits tab for more detail
This position performs professional planning work, with primary focus on the current planning development review process. The position coordinates with the public, county departments, outside agencies, and developers when reviewing and making recommendations on complex development-related requests.
For recruitment purposes, this position is being posted as a Planner 1 or 2. Candidates will be considered for the highest level for which they qualify. The biweekly rate for a Planner 1 ranges from $1,803.55 to $2,703.60. The biweekly rate for a Planner 2 ranges from $2,180.88 to $3,271.34. The anticipated hiring range is up to the midpoint of the range, commensurate with the experience of the candidate.