AVP Finance Triangle West, CFO Chatham
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The AVP of Finance provides finance leadership for UNC Triangle West, inclusive of UNC Hospitals and Chatham Hospitals. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the position is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of financial planning, reporting, and analysis, budget development, complex analytics, and other financial management. The position serves as a collaborative member of the finance leadership team providing proactive and creative financial guidance and advice to senior leaders. In addition, this role serves as CFO of Chatham Hospital contributing to the development and execution of the organization’s strategic goals in partnership with the President of Chatham Hospital and Board.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Financial Operations - Develops, evaluates, monitors, and communicates long and short-term financial objectives and metrics ensuring consistency and alignment with overall strategic goals and objectives. Assists senior management in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue. Leads generation of annual operating and capital budgets, monthly financial statements along with analyses showing results in comparison to budget, historical performance and identifying trends. Serves as key advisor to the President of Chatham Hospital and Board on financial management including revenue enhancement and cost controls, strategy and capital development and allocation.
2.Leading People – Oversee and manage the Triangle West Finance team. Leads people toward meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produces high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
* Requires a Bachelor’s degree in related field with Master’s degree preferred. CPA a plus.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Ten (10) years of financial and/or accounting experience with at least five (5) years of management experience, and a minimum of five (5) years of progressive healthcare experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes