Analyst - Verisk Financial Consulting Team
The Verisk Financial team (Argus) is seeking an Analyst to join the consulting team. This is an opportunity for a recent/ December 2021 graduates to begin their career. The start date for this position is January 19th, 2022.
If you are interested in data, enjoy solving complex problems, and have a solutions-oriented and customer-focused mindset, you may be a great fit for us. With positions beginning at $67,500 base salary (+ annual bonus!), and awesome perks like soccer tournaments, free snacks, and a fitness center, we can't wait to introduce you to the Verisk family.
Our new offices feature a game room with pool table, shuffleboard table, golf simulator, and foosball table. We have an onsite gym, and our roof has a putting green and BBQ space. We are in the heart of White Plains, New York. It’s a 30(ish) minute Metro-North train ride from Grand Central station. Many of our employees live in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens, as well as towns surrounding the White Plains area.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Support/ create a project scope and analytic approach in response to requests from clients, who are mostly Fortune 500 banks and credit card companies
- Manage day-to-day client communications and status update meetings to align on work objectives
- Independently manage own workflow for analytic projects
- Oversight and technical support to other team members
- Validate that data is accurate and deliverables are client ready both for work produced by the individual and by other team members
- ·Special projects and other duties as assigned
- An analytical mindset who enjoys using data to solve problems
- ·Recent/ December 2021 grad with an expected Bachelor’s or Masters degree in business, or an analytical field such as economics, engineering, statistics etc.
- A desire to manage projects and identify key milestones/objectives/ timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. It’s a plus if you also have experience using SQL, but if you don’t, we offer training!
- Ability to perform data analytics to draw insights out of data and develop a storyline for client presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to directly interface with client on a daily/weekly basis
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Our interview process is designed for us to get to know you better and understand how you approach problems. We also want to give you a strong understanding of the type of work that we do so you can find value and excitement in your new career. We expect to extend offers by mid-December, and look forward to getting to know you!
Resume Screen – we will review your resume and determine if you are a strong fit “on paper.” We will be looking for a December 2021 grad date with an analytical mindset. If you’ve used data to make decisions in the past (classroom projects, side jobs, etc.) please share it on your resume!
WePow digital interview – this is your opportunity to tell us more about yourself, and also learn more about Verisk Financial and our company culture. You will “meet” several members of our team (including our Chief Diversity Officer and Corporate Social Responsibility Manager) and answer 3 questions from the Verisk Financial team *behavioral interview questions, not technical).
Final interview – this is a final panelist interview where we understand your interest in the banking and payments industry, as well as how you approach solving problems Prior to the interview we will give you a project that’s similar to what you may be assigned as a full-time member of our team. Your interview will begin with you presenting you’re approach/ findings in a 10-minute presentation. The remainder of the interview will be our panelists asking you questions related to your thought process/ approach, as well as some behavioral questions.