Seagate Intern - EHS - Summer 2022
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About the role - you will:
- Receive personalized goals and projects that meet the needs of the business and allow you to be a part of key company initiatives and continual process improvements.
- Support the Contractor Safety program by providing Environmental, Health and Safety oversite for on-site construction projects.
- Support the Hazardous Energy Control Program for multiple departments
- Develop and Implement the Electrical Safety Thermal Imaging Program for the R&D Department.
- Other general EHS Tasks, as needed with the opportunity to gain exposure to various Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- You will gain valuable experience that complements class work and that provides essential career development opportunities
- You will learn to apply engineering, analytical, and communication skills to impact the bottom line
- Through this position, you will work both independently and in consultation with technical professionals at the site.
- Project (s) will expose you to a wide variety of EHS practices, will provide exposure to Seagate EHS Policies, and will give the student experience working with both EHS and other site professional(s) across the organization.
- Student pursing a BS or MS in EHS program
- Completion of coursework in various EHS programs
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.