Spring 2022 Accounting Internship
Must be available at a minimum of 12 hours a week, preferably 15-20 hours a week between Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm to start and once trained are happy to discuss some hours outside of the traditional business day.
This internship position will be remote, but can have the potential for working in office if the candidate prefers.
This Accounting Intern is responsible with assisting the day-to-day responsibilities of the accounting department, including reconciliation of accounts, monthly and annual closes, supporting audits, helping compile and organize data for reporting and forecasting needs, as well as helping contribute to special projects within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Work on identifying best practices for some accounting tasks.
· Reviewing activity on a daily basis to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, as well as ensuring regulatory compliance, and understanding business changes and trends.
· Special projects assigned by the Controller and CFO.
· Assist with journal entries and complex account reconciliations.
· Assist with month-end close.
· Assists in the accounts payable process, including payments, accruals, reporting, and reconciliations.
· Assist funding or other departments as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· College student majoring in Accounting or another related field.
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior Standing.
· Candidate must be a self-starter, detail oriented and have the ability to work in a group or independently.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong skills in Excel.
· Excellent analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems with high attention to detail.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks with an established timeline.