Seagate Software Development Engineer - Summer Intern
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
Our team owns test software development for Quality & Reliability Testing of High-Tech Storage Products from HDD/SSD Devices to Systems & Object Storage found in Data Centers worldwide. We support Product Assurance, Design Engineering, Customer Technical & Factory Teams across the company. We utilize state-of-the-art software engineering technologies and Agile / SAFe processes to develop & automate testing of Seagate’s next-generation storage product designs.
Working in this team, you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and expertise in high tech product development & manufacturing lifecycles while employing the Scaled Agile Framework software development cycle that enables it.
About the role - you will:
You will be responsible for developing and improving reliability/quality test platforms to support the qualification work during the entire product development cycle for Seagate HDD, SSD, system and solution products.
Your activities and responsibilities may include:
- Developing and improving software test platforms and test development processes
- Designing and/or improving our CI/CD architecture to improve our development and deployment efficiency
- Working with product team and algorithm owners in developing and enhancing test scripts used for product qualification
- Collaborating with other members in the software teams to drive continuous improvement on codebases and processes
- Investing time and effort to drive your personal career development
- Self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple requests and prioritize tasks
- Follow existing processes, yet be motivated and able to drive continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills and innovation of creative solutions to difficult problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor or Master student in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related disciplines
Your experience includes:
- Familiar with at least one programing language: Python, C/C++, or Java
- Experience with IDEs, source control tools and GIT flow process is preferred
- Linux operating system experience is a plus
This position is based at Seagate’s Longmont, CO Design Center location. In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed remotely, though future return to on-site operations is likely. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $18-33.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.