Financial Analyst I/II
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes financial and economic data.
- Prepares and summarizes data for internal (primarily) and external (occasionally) reports to the Board, rating agencies, regulators, investors and others.
- Will be required to create and use existing models (Excel based or other software) to analyze and assess information related to investment prospects and long-term strategies.
- Provides assessment on the economic impacts of existing and proposed long-term financial plans and policies.
- Requires ability to read and assess public and private company financial statements.
- Nature of work is complex and effective performance is required as work products are used by management in making decisions which impact company stakeholders.
- High degree of initiative to complete assigned duties is required, as well as high levels of organizational skills.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive internal and external relationships.
- Bachelors degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting or equivalent degree with applicable finance course work required
FINANCIAL ANALYST I
- No experience required
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
- Four years or more job related work experience
- Three years or more job related work experience PLUS certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Master’s in Business Administration degree (MBA)
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.