Equity Research Associate - Economic Policy (Evercore ISI)
Evercore ISI is looking for an Economic Policy Research Associate to work within a small team in our Washington, D.C. office that publishes both deep dive and quick reaction pieces reports on the economy and financial markets, with a focus on major central banks. The Associate will help in various tasks related to production of these economic research reports, including
- Summarizing and keeping up to date on latest policy communications, economic data, and relevant research,
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading reports, preparing charts and tables,
- Analyzing economic and financial data,
- Responding to bespoke research requests from clients or Evercore ISI’s sales team,
- Building and running econometric models.
An ideal candidate is proactive, high-energy and able to work effectively within a highly productive team. The candidate should possess excellent computer skills (prior programming skills a plus) and knowledge of economics, econometrics, and finance. Above all, a strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly is essential. Evercore ISI offers a high-quality, collegial and collaborative environment and a rapidly expanding research platform where exceptional contributors can look forward to rapid career advancement.
- 1 to 4 years of experience work experience, with experience in financial services, a central bank, or the IMF/World Bank a strong plus. Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with data sources, such as Haver and Bloomberg.
- Strong technical/computer skills, particularly Excel. Proficiency in programming languages, such as EViews, Stata, R, or Python a strong plus.
- Willing to work long hours (10-12 hours per day), with an early start before market opening and occasional weekend work or late nights.
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal) along with a strong degree of numeracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals and objectives.
- Problem solver.
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities; ability to meet deadlines.
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams and shareholders, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public and private capital and delivers equity research and equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth and institutional investors. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, South America and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.