Research and Evaluation Associate
In partnership with other Center for Program Design and Evaluation (CPDE) team members and project stakeholders, implements planning, development, analysis, and dissemination activities related to mixed methods research and program evaluation. Develops and tests data collection instruments, collects and manages primary data, researches and interprets secondary data, conducts qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods data analyses, creates reports, and contributes to other dissemination.
- Masters plus 3-5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Critical thinking skills and love of learning.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize own work and to adjust priorities as necessary.
- Able to work effectively and creatively as a team member in a diverse group.
- Able to take initiative and operate independently with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of sound research and evaluation.
- Experience developing, implementing surveys, collecting data, and data management.
- Advanced user of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to draft survey instruments, interview and focus group guides, and other data collection methods.
- Able to analyze quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate software and methods (e.g., statistical tests and coding of qualitative data).
- Experience conducting literature reviews using library and Internet search engines.
- Mastery of the English language and elements of technical writing needed to synthesize and disseminate evaluation results.
- Able to travel on occasion for project meetings and other activities.
- Committed to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.