Vendor Management Associate
SupplyHouse.com, an e-commerce heating, plumbing, and HVAC supply company, is searching for a Vendor Management Associate to join our Vendor Management Team. The Vendor Management Associate is responsible for managing the overall relationships with our suppliers and developing partnerships with new suppliers.
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, we are searching for someone who can currently perform this job remotely until March of 2022 when we plan to reopen our Melville, NY office. After March 2022, we expect the candidate to be able to commute to the Melville office on some aligned cadence monthly.
*A company laptop and other necessary equipment will be provided along with a $250 stipend for your work from home space.*
Role Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote, New York City Metropolitan Area
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm (Ask us about our "Flex-Time" Policy)
Salary: $55,000-65,000 (Annually)
- Maintaining relationships and reviewing the quality of service we receive from our suppliers to ensure our standards and expectations are met.
- Negotiating with suppliers to maximize profitability, liquidity, and support overall financial health.
- Developing partnerships with new suppliers to increase product offering and add revenue streams.
- Organizing, communicating, and updating supplier information, promotions, price increases, and changes that will affect purchasing decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or other related field preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant internship or work experience (preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Pleasant, personable, and professional demeanor
- Excellent negotiation and relationship development skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
What's Important to Us
- Positive Attitude – We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT – Our 5 new core values! (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Grit)
- Benefits – 401k with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- Food, lots of it – We have a fully stocked kitchen, breakfast Wednesdays, and lunch Mondays and Fridays.
- Flexible hours – Standard business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, feel free to utilize our “Flex-Time” policy to adjust your start and end time slightly.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to give back to our local communities.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code and a pet-friendly office.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We also have monthly team building events. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company