Gas Cell Assembly Technician
We are an aerospace R&D company building experimental and certified airships. We are developing advanced technologies to dramatically increase the capabilities and lower the cost of 21st-century airships.
LTA’s airships will have the ability to complement and even speed up humanitarian disaster response and relief efforts, especially in remote areas that cannot be easily accessed by plane and boat due to limited or destroyed infrastructure. We ultimately aim to create a family of aircraft with zero emissions that, when used for shipping goods and moving people, would substantially reduce the global carbon footprint of aviation.
We’re seeking a Gas Cell Assembly Technician with experience in the research and development of flight vehicles in Gardnerville, NV. In order to help advance our goal of bringing revolutionary airships to life, the Gas Cell Assembly Technician will work directly with appropriate company personnel to support the development of our airship.
- Assist Gas Cell Assembly Lead to meet production targets each day
- Prepare plotted ODL kits for packaging & ensure documentation accuracy
- Assist in proper packaging, storing, and organization of skin kits
- Work with Gas Cell Assembly Lead to develop procedures with the goal of maximizing CNC Plotter/Cutter
- Cross-train in basic production skills, like skin preparation & gluing
- Cross-train in shipping/receiving.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Experience with soft goods preferred
- Able to work full-time from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM daily
- Works well in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Pay range is $18 - $20 per hour
What We Offer!
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan
- Company-paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Parental leave
- Flexible generous time off + 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Lunch and snacks provided every day, including accommodations for all dietary restrictions
- $50 wellness stipend each month
- Yearly education stipend to obtain certifications or take classes in your field
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.