Epson, a $10B global leader in high-quality consumer electronics, imaging, and point of sale printing devices, is seeking an exceptional Product Manager to join the growing Product Management Scanner team. We are looking for someone to help drive the consumer scanner business and enjoy the great Epson culture and flexible hybrid work policy.
In addition to the following Epson's policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Contributes to achieving revenue and gross profit targets for assigned areas.
• Contributes to P&L management for assigned areas.
• Provides recommendations for key advertising and promotions tactics for assigned product(s).
• Makes recommendations regarding positioning and pricing of assigned product(s).
• Serves as internal and external PR spokesperson and product champion for assigned product(s).
• Conducts competitive analysis and benchmarking and makes recommendations.
• Conducts and analyzes market information and makes recommendations.
• Supports the sales team in customer visits and presentations.
• Works closely with Marketing Communications, Documentation, Service/Support, Logistics, SEC, and other groups to manage the product throughout its lifecycle.
• Initiates and maintains relationships with industry trade groups, analysts, and publications.
• Establishes structured processes for a complete product launch for assigned product(s).
• Manages end of product lifecycle and transition to minimize inventory and ensure launch time frames are met.
• Supports the company at events, including sales meetings and trade shows.
• Provides input into the development of product road maps for assigned product(s).
• Coordinates and manages relationship with SEC to monitor product development process and makes recommendations for meeting market needs.
• Responsible for hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing group/department personnel.
• Provides coaching and mentoring to team members.
• Advises management and provides recommendations on personnel and problem issues ( that require escalation).
• Builds strong relationships with peers and Senior Managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
• Manages and leverages relationships with vendors for a specific product/service (best price, best product, etc)
• Maintains professional relationships with peers in other corporations and outside organizations.
• Operates within budgetary constraints, participates in the development of annual budget forecasts; participates in updating and reconciling operating and budget plans as required.
• Develops and maintains written departmental standards and procedures.
• Directly contributes to development of tactical and annual operating plans, defining goals and objectives for the group.
• 5-8 years of product management experience
• Completion of an undergraduate program or equivalent experience (B.A. or B.S.). MBA strongly preferred