At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource - our people. Join EBAD and you'll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
EBAD seeks a capable individual for the position of Test Engineer, reporting to the Manager of Test Services. The position is located in Moorpark, CA.
The Test Engineer provides support for environmental and functional testing of EBA&D products, test lab capability growth and technical problem solving in the following areas.
- Requirements Evaluation, Test Program Scope / Cost , Test Program Scheduling
- Equipment / Instrumentation Selection, Results / Data Interpretation, Data Report Creation
- Training, Method Development & Prove-out, Continuous Improvement, Test Process Documentation
- Troubleshooting, Fixture/Tool Design & Procurement
- The candidate shall have a minimum of a BS degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering preferred) and a minimum of 2 years’ applicable experience. Non-degreed candidates will be considered if they have a minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in a test lab environment.
Candidates shall have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to interface with individuals at multiple levels in the organization. Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving are required. Knowledge of explosive materials and/or ordnance devices is beneficial. Electronics and instrumentation knowledge is preferred. Experience working in an aerospace industry is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in a test lab environment with exposure to a number of the following areas:
- Thermal Cycling & Shock
- Temperature & Humidity
- Temperature & Vacuum / Altitude
- Random & Sine Vibration
- Classical & SRS Shock
- Pressure Transducers
- Oscilloscopes & Data Acquisition Systems (DAQs)
- Charge Amplifiers & Signal Conditioners
- Constant Current Supplies
- Digital and Analog Filters
- Various meters (multi-meters, milliohm-meters, HR meters)
- Hi-Pot testers
- Thermocouples & Humidity Probes
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.