Business Development & Technology Transfer Associate
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· BS degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration or a related field of study or equivalent work experience. Graduate level degree in a related field highly desirable.
· Prior experience in a comparable administrative role in an academic, research or medical center office environment desired
· Previous experience with Tech Transfer highly desirable; previous experience in
a legal environment or working with legal documents also highly desirable.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required. Strong interpersonal skills required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) required
· Experience working with database systems and report generation. Knowledge of iEdison and/or Intuem desirable.
· Familiarity with the process of intellectual property development, including, patents, copyrights and trademarks, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other related legal instruments highly desired.
· Fundamental understanding of biological sciences and medical/biological sciences terminology
· Effective self-management skills – ability to work independently, well organized, self-motivated, self-directed.
· Possess good judgment; is a logical thinker.
Description of Duties:
· Enter and keep patent information up to date in database, patent and agreement
· Manage invoices from law firms, including: getting invoices approved from BD&TT staff; maintaining internal records of all invoices; and communicating with Accounts Payable and law firms on payment issues/questions
· Process IP agreement related invoices
· Track expenses and reimbursements regarding our patent portfolio
· Assist with the commercialization outreach for TLI’s unlicensed IP assets
· Manage simpler patent actions and filings
· Assist with event management for BDTT events, e.g. bi-monthly IP Review Committee, Innovation Showcase, etc.
· Other duties as may be assigned