Seagate Intern - Image Analytics - Summer 2022
Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
Seagate Technology is reshaping the Datasphere through advanced data storage and data generation technology development. We help maximize humanity’s potential by delivering world-class, precision engineered data solutions developed through sustainable and profitable partnerships.
Seagate Technology’s advanced manufacturing HDD recording head development team is looking for a passionate and talented image analytics engineer to innovate in the rapidly growing area of image feature identification and processing. Seagate’s recording head factories manufacture an excess of two million heads per day. This team develops the metrologies and data analytics that define manufacturing success. This role will be located Bloomington, MN.
About the role - you will:
- Works closely with slider process and metrology R&D teams to create engineering analysis software solutions for advanced characterization of recording heads
- Leverages background in advanced image processing, image analysis, and machine learning to develop custom analysis software that integrates with state-of-the-art metrology, manufacturing tools, and factory information systems
- Applies custom segmentation, feature extraction, classification, surface analysis algorithms and machine learning to raw images generated by TEM, SEM, AFM, interferometer, optical or other metrologies
- Conceives and develops solutions to engineering programs through the application of engineering, techniques, practices and procedures
- Literature review, summary, and communication of current existing best practices related to project solutions developed during internship
- Student pursing an MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or Data Science
- Coursework or experience in image processing, image analysis and/or deep learning
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Experience with python, TensorFlow, flask, opencv
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of engineers and technicians
- Demonstrated innovation and self-motivated worker
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.