Seagate VLSI Summer Intern - Design and Verification
Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
We’re looking for VLSI Design and Verification Engineers who want to help us create electronics that will change how data is stored and accessed. If you are looking to be on an innovative team that will both challenge and support you, this might be the Engineering role for you. As a VLSI Design and Verification Engineer you will be working with system architects, layout and circuit designers and testing team to implement, verify and validate digital circuitry from high level concept to actual silicon and support the product into mass production.
Our team is made up of multi-discipline engineers designing IP for integration into SOC’s for a variety of enterprise operations. We create and verify IP for a RAID companion processor that interfaces with rotating media and solid state drives. Our IP directly supports Seagate’s continual drive for new storage solutions that provide solid data integrity and increased performance.
About the role - you will:
- You will be working with a wide range of people and skills as we develop and then test the latest Enterprise storage controller SoC’s. This will include a number of tasks ranging from implementing the design using SystemVerilog hardware design language, writing verification (Score Boards, Checkers, etc.) using UVM, applying stimulus and then debugging the functionality.
- You will be using various EDA tools like VCS simulator and Synopsys Design Compiler to simulate and implement circuitry as part of our next generation SOC.
- Your tasks may include writing scripts using various languages like Python, C++, or Java to turn spreadsheet based requirements into design code.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with various other teams as we continue to define features and their usage in the SOC through the project development schedule.
- An understanding of advanced verification theories and/or logic design concepts with some experience running hardware design language simulators is needed.
Your experience includes:
- Experience with Verilog and/or SystemVerilog as well as Python, C++, Java highly desired.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related degree and will be enrolled for academic courses in Fall 2022.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $17-33. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees' health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Full-time during summer (typically May - Aug)
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.