Honors College - Front Office Assistant
The Honors College Front Office Assistant will provide clerical support and front reception coverage for the IUPUI Honors College. This individual must be self-motivated with experience in an office environment, have a basic working knowledge of general campus policies and procedures, as well as strong word processing and spreadsheet skills. The Office Assistant serves as the initial contact to most callers and visitors. The position performs other duties such as maintaining files, databases and providing staff support. In addition, the Office Assistant assists with inventory and office supply stocking/upkeep.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria.
- Be able to provide good customer service
- Be a highly organized self-starter
- Be able to work independently and collaborate in a professional office setting
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have great attention to detail
- Be able to prioritize management of ongoing assignments
- Be able to liaison to outside contacts and departments
- Be able to administer confidential student information with discretion
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be a currently enrolled student at IUPUI in good academic standing
In this role, a student will learn and develop the following areas under the Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success.
- Communicator – Student will need to actively listen to students, faculty, visitors and coworkers to the Honors College to evaluate their needs or issues. Student will need to effectively communicate the steps to resolve the issue or satisfy the needs to the visitor or coworker.
- Problem Solver – Student will analyze and evaluate everyday issues as they arise while performing their job duties. They will then effectively resolve the issues independently or as part of a team within the Honors College.
- Community Contributor – This position helps maintain the community within the Honors College. As the first line contact for all visitors and current students in the College, this role will be a lead person in the Honors College community. This position will provide students and faculty with skills and information to actively become or remain a positive contributor to the Honors College community.