Manager Data Science
As a leader, you’ll use deep technical expertise in data science, forecasting and optimization methods, experience with implementation of AI in commercial applications and experience in leading and building a team. You and your team will focus on developing and delivering machine learning and predictive models and optimization solutions that drive business forecast, workforce optimization, operation efficiency and business innovation.
The Data Science team is critical in driving Commvault’s leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The Data Science team leverages their skills to drive outstanding customer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
This is a high visibility manager role that will lead and develop a Data Science team implementing solutions to support our various business functions. You will regularly consult with internal business partners, which requires excellent project management and prioritization skills across team members and strategic business partners. You should have strong leadership, analytic, and communication skills, with a strong ability to think big picture across the business and synthesize numerous data projects. The variety of internal partners requires you to develop a support model that can turn and pivot as priorities quickly change and evolve. You will also need to be a strong manager and place an emphasis on the training and development of your team. You will need to excel in a dynamic high pace work environment with constantly evolving business needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(60%) Lead team members in project direction and management, and professional development
• Lead the Data Science team to identify and leverage data, tools, and insights that fuel Commvault’s growth
• Give guidance to the appropriate analytical techniques such as pre/post testing, clustering, regression, classification, neural networks, and others
• Develop prescriptive insight tools to support our business functions enabling the team to make faster, data-driven decisions
• Partner with and manage external data and analytic vendors to maximize ROI
• Provide insights and analytic support to our executive team
(30%) Lead strategic initiatives with business partner leadership teams
• Provide thought leadership surrounding analytics practices to strategic business partners
• Identify new areas of opportunity for expanding the use of analytics and insights throughout partnered organizations
• Lead long-term strategic initiatives end-to-end, including influencing and leveraging cross functional team members
· Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
· Work on massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources to analyze customer usage patterns and provide actionable, intuitive, impactful insights using metrics, algorithms, and statistics.
(10%) Provide ad hoc support to business questions
• Consult with Business Intelligence & Analytics leadership to answer questions posed by Commvault’s Leadership Team
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline)
• 5+ years professional related experience, including experience managing a high-performing team
• Proficient analytical skills and ability to leverage scripting languages (Python, R, etc.), to develop insights
• Experience in the following types of research preferred: regression, analysis of variance, pre-post assessment, break-even analyses, predictive analytics
• Experience with Microsoft Azure suite overall (i.e. data factory, container services, dev ops, ML service)
• Experience in SQL or a similar database querying language
• Experience working with statistical packages such as R, SAS, Stata, etc
• Experience in shifting priorities while maintaining organization and control
• Experience collaborating with cross-team stakeholders
• Experience with synthesizing and communicating narratives based on data-driven analyses
• Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with development of BI dashboards – Power BI preferred, but experience with other tools (QLIK, Tableau, etc.) is acceptable and a plus
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com, NetSuite and Marketo a strong plus